This is a pretty and "green" gift idea that's perfect for Mother's Day or Earth Day. Fun and easy to make.
- old milk jug or plastic drink bottle
- fabric or paper scraps
- potting soil
- craft felt
- Cut the top off an old milk jug or plastic drink bottle.
- Cut fabric or paper scraps into 1 inch squares.
- Turn the jug bottom upside down and have an adult poke some holes for drainage.
- Mix glue and a little water in a bowl and brush all over the outside of the jug bottom.
- Cover the jug with fabric or paper squares. Leave no gaps. Then, brush a second layer of glue over everything.
- Cut 1.5 inch wide strip of felt long enough to cover the whole top of the pot.
- Glue the felt over the rim folding down on either side.
- Place gravel in the bottom for drainage and fill with potting soil.