Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trumpet/Bugle Music Craft


The original inspiration for this craft was Gideon from the Bible. This is "Gideon's Trumpet" as he leads his army to victory against the Midianites. But it could just as easily be a bugle.

Materials:

  • 1/2" hose about 24" long
  • small funnel
  • large craft stick
  • colored duct tape
  •  wide screw on plastic cap(like from a wide mouth juice bottle)
  • scissors
  • electric drill
  • gold spray paint(optional)


  • Directions:

    1. Have an adult drill a 1/2 inch hole through the middle of the plastic cap .
    2. Stick the funnel into the hose and secure with tape.
    3. Stick the plastic cap over the other end and secure with tape to make the mouthpiece.
    4. Loop the hose into a bugle shape. Attach a craft stick and tape in place.
    5. Spray paint the whole thing gold for a professional look.
     Source: Concordia Congregation

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for sharing this fun craft. I just wanted to let you know that it inspired me and I adapted it for a music post I just completed. I did link back to you since you were my inspiration. Here is the link to the post: http://lovetolaughandlearn.com/fun-with-music-brass-instruments/ (It's fine if you remove the link when you post my comment. I'm not trying to spam you, just let you know that I referred back to you.)

      ReplyDelete

    Submit your craft! Do you have a great craft tutorial or idea you want to share and reach a wider audience? Visit my Submit page and my new, easy-to-use submission form.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...